Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Bedroom Closet was Next...

BEFORE PHOTOS




Although the closet in the hallway drove me to tackle it first, its clean-out inspired a chain-reaction and the bedroom closet became more organized at the same time.












































AFTER PHOTOS






This was mainly due to the bedroom closet becoming a spill-over place for things which truly belonged in the hallway storage but wouldn't currently.


It's unfortunate that once a closet is overcrowded, there is very little incentive to keep it tidy and I found myself ignoring the general higgledy-piggeldyness that resulted over time. Some clothing item would slide out of a basket or be left piled on the chest of drawers at the back and there it would remain.

But when something is uncluttered, there is a sense of how nice it looks and you want it to STAY that way.

As in, "MMMMMMM, flat, clean surfaces....."

I have to call this just PHASE ONE as the closet is still too cluttered. Too many clothes! (And this after actually removing twenty-five hangers worth of clothing and taking them to a clothes trade. I came back from the clothes trade with five items but it was still an improvement. I'm very glad I sold the extra hangers on Craigslist as I certainly didn't want to fill them up again.)

Also, there are some boxes on the floor with contents that I can only describe as "Miscellaneous". I'd like to see them disappear soon.

Still, I now have two relatively organized closets.

1 comment:

Pol* said...

once again, the transformation is BRILLIANT!

I do love that house. Especially with ALL the changes you have put into it. Especially the spacious basement, flat driveway, huge kitchen, big hall closet with laundry shoot, and all the fantastic features of your master bedroom... the balcony, fireplace, floorspace and walk in closet of course....

....lovely lovely lovely.