Sunday, February 13, 2011

Junk Selling for Fundraiser Update

This is a picture of a meal that my friend Hritika and her mother prepared for us in their little rented room in the village of Aaru Bari just outside of Kathmandu, Nepal.

For a few years now, I've been doing some fund-raising for my friend's education fund. She is now seventeen years old and graduating in a few months from high school. She will be going on to a public health/nursing program most likely.

All the funds raised have come from selling accumulated clutter and junk--some from my own home but the bulk of it from other people's donated cast-offs that have been stored in my basement and then sold on Craigslist. Thanks to everybody who cleaned out their closets and donated.

From May 2008 until the end of January 2011, the amount raised comes to $3781, including one garage sale which earned just over three hundred dollars.

With my mother's cash donations, the total in this fund is now $4436.

This is clutter put to good use!

2 comments:

Pol* said...

Wow
That is no smallchunk of change, my friend. Congratulations on your success so far, and hoping continued success!

Pol* said...

oh ya, I love the blog's new look too