Monday, August 6, 2007

The Magical Curbside


I have discovered that if you want to make something magically disappear, simply put it out at the end of your driveway. It will be gone.
After my recent garage sale (before I started this full-out declutter project) I put out several ugly lamps and they were gone almost before I'd made it back into the house.
This horse disappeared after a few hours: somehow I knew this papier-mache horse/camel wouldn't need to be brought back inside again.
I think my friend in the Society for Creative anachronism made it for a party---a camel race? I'm not sure. I took it off her hands last year when she moved because I thought it might be fun to have as part of a Halloween costume, but somehow I don't think that would have ever happened.

1 comment:

erinn said...

We live on a pretty busy street and that is the one thing I like about it. I can put pretty much anything out on the sidewalk and within an hour it's gone. It makes me feel better that someone else may find some use in it. thanks for stopping by my blog!