Sunday, August 5, 2007

Turtles and Books

The turtle in the top photo feels like I've been trying to get rid of it forever.

First the daycare gave it to me to sell, and it was so cute I was sure it would (but it didn't), then I gave it back to the daycare and they used it for a while, then it found its way back to my garage because of disuse. Time to give the wee turtle the boot after three years in limbo.

Children's books are much easier for me to let go of now that I'm running the Daycare Library Book program. Now so many new and well-loved books are flowing in and out all the time that it scarcely seems necessary to have so many books that I keep at home. (Though I still have several deep drawers in a dress that are still full to the top with books I haven't made a decision on yet.)

This clean-out brings my total of things gone to 675. :)




























No comments: