Wednesday, August 22, 2007

More

The whole overhead shelving area on the left side of my garage is empty except for a few forlorn signs that I used to advertise my perennial garage sales ( I recycled them by just changing the date and time.)

Now I have just passed the two thousand items decluttered mark (a fifth of my original goal). I now think that it may be unlikely to actually reach the ten thousand item goal...I have given away an enormous volume of STUFF already. Do I really have that much more? I'm not sure.
But in any case, two thousand things released is fairly impressive to me at this point. My mother (also in the process of emptying her cluttered spaces) pointed out that many, many people around the world would not even be able to claim ownership of so many things.
And here we are---still burdened with a surplus of possessions even after shoveling out so much. It's a little embarrassing.








My old and ugly kitchen clock has found a new home by replacing an even older and uglier clock. And the daycare now has a clock that actually keeps time....

2161 things have now been released back into the universe. Yeah, that's it. :)






No comments: