Friday, August 10, 2007

More Miscellany Hits the Road

When I told my friend K that I was junking out, she told me to be on the look-out for a) blue and white things because she adores that colour combination, and b) teapots in any condition--she'd had a dream about a garden planted in teapots and thought she'd like to recreate it.
I like blue and white things too, but y'know I think i already have enough of them. As for teapots, I've got two already. So these things are finding a new home at my friend's house.
I found it's even easier to give things away if you know somebody is particularly pleased to receive them from you.


For instance, I gave this china saucer ( The Engagement by Brambly Hedge) to an old fellow who had visited my garage sale several weeks back and bought a matching cup. He said if I ever found the saucer to give him a call, and he gave me his number. After I found it (many boxes later) and phoned him, he was johny-on-the-spot and picking it up ten minutes later. He was so happy to get the piece. Heh, seemed to make his day. :)


As for this last piece o' junk (our old bathroom counter), it had leaned up against a wall in the garage for over a year before we finally recycled it at the Re-store this weekend. It's a recycling place run by Habitat for Humanity and takes all sorts of home renovation leftovers.
This brings the grand total of things gone to 1010.


No comments: